A half-day workshop on editing and proofreading, focusing on techniques for improving structure, content and accuracy in business writing. Suitable for anybody writing at work, including experienced writers wanting a ‘refresher’. I can deliver the workshop at your venue in Adelaide, or in any Australian capital city or regional centre.
On completing the workshop participants will:
- have explored three levels of editing – structural editing, copy editing and proofreading
- know how to ensure their writing is clear, accessible, and fit for purpose
- know how to improve the internal structure and logic of their writing
- know how to proofread their own writing.
I’m happy to adjust the content to suit the needs of your staff, or put a workshop together for you from scratch. Call me to discuss.
The cost per participant, at your venue, and for a minimum of eight participants, is $165 (+GST). This includes all materials. For venues outside South Australia, travel and (if necessary) accommodation will be charged at cost.
I’ve included excerpts from participant evaluations below. Let me know if you’d like to speak to any of my clients for an independent review of my work.
Call me to discuss your training needs. I’d be pleased to help.
For Adelaide residents, I offer this workshop occasionally at the Education Development Centre in Hindmarsh. Check here to see upcoming workshops.
Participant feedback: Editing and Proofreading
- Shaun knows his stuff and presents it knowledgeably and engagingly
- Practical strategies to improve structural editing, copy editing and proof
- Appreciated the synthesis of information and tips to apply. Got to the point
- Fulfilled my expectation. Excellent.
- This was very useful and I hope the course is offered again for others.