A half-day workshop on taking notes in meetings, and turning those notes into effective minutes. Suitable for anyone required to take minutes of meetings. Presented by Shaun McNicholas, the workshop can be delivered at your venue in Adelaide, or in any Australian capital city or regional centre.
On completing the workshop participants will:
- understand the role of the minutes secretary before, during and after a meeting
- appreciate the importance of clear and accurate minutes
- know how to work effectively with a committee chair
- understand the different types of meeting report – action lists, notes, basic minutes, formal minutes
- know how to take effective notes in meetings
- know how to write clear, accurate, useful minutes.
I’m happy to adjust the content to suit the needs of your staff, or put a workshop together for you from scratch. Call me to discuss.
The cost per participant, at your venue, and for a minimum of eight participants, is $165 (+GST). This includes all materials. For venues outside South Australia, travel and (if necessary) accommodation will be charged at cost.
Feedback is always very positive for Minutes Matter. I’ve included excerpts from participant evaluations below. Let me know if you’d like to speak to any of my clients for an independent review of my work.
Call me to discuss your training needs. I’d be pleased to help.
For Adelaide residents, I offer this workshop occasionally at the Education Development Centre in Hindmarsh. Check here to see upcoming workshops.
- I absolutely loved the training and will definitely recommend it to everyone.
- Very engaging and informative.
- Really enjoyed the content. Everything discussed was relevant and helpful.
- It was fantastic to have a ‘formula’ to ensure success with taking minutes in any meeting.
- A great summary of all things important for minute taking, with relevant examples.
- Engaging, interesting, helpful, practical.
- Really informative. I feel it has helped me understand a lot more about the process of writing minutes and also how to structure/present minutes.