A half-day workshop on researching, drafting and redrafting speeches. Suitable for experienced and reasonably confident writers new to speech writing. I can deliver the workshop at your venue in Adelaide, or in any Australian capital city or regional centre.
On completing the workshop participants will:
- understand the role and responsibilities of a speechwriter
- know how to work effectively with a reader
- have a range of practical strategies and techniques to draft effective and memorable speeches
- know how to emphasise a central idea
- know how to create strong beginnings and strong finishes
- discuss ways to inform, influence and entertain in a speech.
I’m happy to adjust the content to suit the needs of your staff, or put a workshop together for you from scratch. Call me to discuss.
The cost per participant, at your venue, and for a minimum of eight participants, is $165 (+GST). This includes all materials. For venues outside South Australia, travel and (if necessary) accommodation will be charged at cost.
I’ve included excerpts from participant evaluations below. Let me know if you’d like to speak to any of my clients for an independent review of my work.
Call me to discuss your training needs. I’d be pleased to help.
For Adelaide residents, I offer this workshop occasionally at the Education Development Centre in Hindmarsh. Check here to see upcoming workshops.
Participant feedback: Speech Writing
- I loved your delivery of this Shaun. Thank you. I’ll be singing your praises.
- Met my expectations. Just what I was looking for.
- Really good, learnt enough to give me confidence to have a go!
- I have learnt great ways to develop my speech writing skills.
- Great workshop, even as a half-day session I learned new skills. enjoyed the day. I will strongly recommend it to others. Thank you.
- Loved the handouts – so simple and clear!
- Very tailored to our needs. Gave so much more insight into what a speech can or should do!
- I will be recommending you to as many other Councils and State Government departments as I can.
- Very inspiring. I loved that the presentation promoted thought processes. I found myself writing statements in my head. Thank you.