A half-day structural editing workshop. The workshop examines techniques for improving the structure and logic of business reports, academic papers and similar documents. Presented by Shaun McNicholas and suitable for experienced and reasonably confident writers working on documents requiring a strong sense of structure and logic. The workshop can be delivered at your venue in Adelaide, or in any Australian capital city or regional centre.
- examine the art and science of structural editing.
- have strategies to ensure their writing is clear, accessible, and fit for purpose.
- know how to examine critically the internal structure and logic of their writing.
- know how to proofread effectively
- discuss ways to engage and maintain the interest of readers.
- discuss ways to maintain objectivity about writing quality on documents developed over a lengthy period.
I’m happy to adjust the content to suit the needs of your staff, or put a workshop together for you from scratch. Call me to discuss.
The cost per participant, at your venue, and for a minimum of eight participants, is $165 (+GST). This includes all materials. For venues outside South Australia, travel and (if necessary) accommodation will be charged at cost.
I’ve included excerpts from participant evaluations below. Let me know if you’d like to speak to any of my clients for an independent review of my work.
Call me to discuss your training needs. I’d be pleased to help.
For Adelaide residents, I offer this workshop occasionally at the Education Development Centre in Hindmarsh. Check here to see upcoming workshops.
Participant feedback: Structural Editing
- Clearly experienced and knew what he was talking about.
- Enjoyable and useful. Well done Shaun
- The handout was absolutely fantastic! Lots on it, easy to look at and hard to lose.
- Well presented and a novel approach that put people at ease
- A high-quality presentation with great AV aids
- A great morning, thank you